Sutton Lawn is set to host an Ash-stravaganza as Ashfield Day returns to the park on Saturday 5 August.
Following the enormous success of the first ever Ashfield Day in August last year, that saw more than 12,000 visitors flock to Sutton Lawn to enjoy the free event, the Council is pleased to officially announce the return of the event.
This year the event will run from 10.30am - 10pm and will include:
- a packed stage featuring some of the best tribute acts in the country to popular bands and singers including the UK's best Beyonce tribute act, tributes to Taylor Swift, George Ezra, ABBA, Robbie Williams, and Take That
- an animal area with a dog show and more to be revealed soon
- an open-air cinema showing Matilda the Musical and Whitney Houston: I wanna dance with somebody
- a huge funfair with adult and children's rides and prize stalls
- a bustling market village
- two bars serving alcohol and soft drinks
- a food court with catering options for vegetarians and vegans
- emergency service vehicles
- armed forces area
- free face painting
- Feel Good Families marquee featuring performances from community acts